2017 Masks Call for Entry
The application period is closed. Thank you.
- Thank you for your interest in 2017 Masks. This is the Fort Collins Museum of Art’s (FCMOA) signature fundraising event and community art project. In the past, up to two hundred artists have applied their varied talents to creating works of art, all starting with the blank ceramic form. Thank you for your interest in this exciting project. We could not continue to grow Masks without your support and involvement.
- 2017 Masks is a multi-layered project comprised of an exhibition and gallery silent auction of masks, and a gala event.
- FCMOA is a private non-profit organization supported by the t fundraiser, sponsorships, memberships, admissions, grants and donations.
- Anyone can apply to be a mask artist. All artists 18 and over are welcome.
- The completed masks comprise an exhibition and gallery silent auction that is installed at FCMOA from April 7 – May 5, 2017. There are two prizes associated with the exhibition: the Best in Show and Andrew Barnes Artistry Award. These two masks are selected by an outside juror and receive a cash award.
September 4, 2016 by 5:00pm Deadline for return of Call for Entry form
September 16, 2016 Email confirmation to artists chosen to complete a mask
December 4, 2016 Deadline for drop-off of completed Masks at FCMOA
April 7- May 5, 2017 Masks exhibition and silent auction at FMCOA
April 7, 2017 Opening reception
May 6, 2017 Closing reception