Tours and Field Trips
Reservations for field trips must be booked at least one week in advance. To make a reservation, call 970-482-2787 or fill in and submit the form below.
We’ll need to know:
– Number of children (requires one adult chaperone for every ten students)
– Preferred date, start, and finish time of visit
– Name and contact info of teacher-in-charge (email, address, and phone of school)
Important information for teachers:
– Guided tours typically take about 40 minutes
– Museum visits can be scheduled Wednesday – Friday, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
– Museum visits can be scheduled for up to 60 minutes (longer for older students)
– Up to 50 students can be accommodated at once
There are no fees for K-12 PSD students on field trips. All other children and students pay regular reduced admission fees. One chaperone for every 10 students is admitted free of charge.
Colorado Model Content Standards (CMCS) can be addressed in guided tours if requested in advance by the teacher.
Tour Menu for Levels of Engaging:
1) 45 minute tour = Docent led Tour in the main Gallery
2) 60 minute tour = Docent led Tour in the main Gallery PLUS self-guided hands-on art learning
3) 90 minute tour = Docent led Tour in the main Gallery PLUS museum-led hands-on art learning
Never touch the art in a museum.
Always walk in a museum.
Ask the museum staff if you have questions about the art.
Always talk about the ideas you get from the art!
Tips for Looking at Art
– Look for things in the artwork that help to tell a story
– Tell your story to a friend or write it down
– Listen to a friend’s story about the art
– See if the colors and lines make you feel a certain way
– Look for hot and cold colors
– Look for active, smooth, heavy, or curvy lines
– Look for shapes or designs that remind you of something else
– Ask your friends if they see the same things, or something different
– Think about why the artist made the choices she or he made
– Do some choices help tell the story?
– Do some choices help give a certain feeling?
– Would you have made the same choices?